IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Turn on the noise canceling function of your headphones if you want to listen to music without the interruption of surrounding noise. Turn on Ambient Sound Mode if you want to hear the sounds around you.
Switch Between Noise Canceling and Ambient Sound Modes
Turning on your headphones automatically enables the noise canceling function. To switch to Ambient Sound Mode, press the NC/Ambient or NC button. The location and name of the button may vary with the model of your headphones. Check the manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Each press of the NC/Ambient or NC button changes the function:
- Ambient Sound Mode is on.
- Both noise canceling function and Ambient Sound Mode is off.
- Noise canceling function is on.
The NC Optimizer feature uses an internal microphone to analyze the shape of your face, eyeglasses, hairstyle, and atmospheric pressure changes (for example, if you are in an airplane) to tailor the noise canceling function according to these conditions.
- Wear your headphones with the power on.
- Press and hold the NC/AMBIENT or NC button for about 2 seconds.
- A voice guidance will say "Optimizer start".
- You will hear test signals during the optimization. Wait for a voice guidance to say "Optimizer finished".
- Enjoy using your noise-canceling headphones.