IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Check if sound is heard or if low sound level improves after completing each step.
- Make sure to turn on your receiver and all input devices.
- Connect the cables securely to the proper input and output terminals of your receiver, speakers, and input devices.
- Make sure the input devices are playing audio.
- Make sure the VOLUME or MASTER VOLUME knob of your AV Receiver is not set to VOL MIN.
- Press the input button on the remote, or rotate the INPUT SELECTOR knob on your receiver, to select the input device you want to hear.
- Make sure headphones aren't connected to your receiver or input device.
- Press the SPEAKERS button on your receiver and select a setting other than OFF SPEAKERS.
- Press the button on the remote control to deactivate the mute function. Make sure MUTING isn't on the receiver display.