How to transfer content from a computer to the Walkman player
Follow these steps to transfer content from a computer to the Walkman® player.
Connect the computer and the Walkman using the included USB type‑C® cable.Note: If the Walkman and the computer are connected with a USB type‑C to USB type‑C cable, transferring content may fail. If your computer doesn't have a USB type‑A port and you need to connect the devices with a USB type‑C to a USB type‑C cable, try the following steps to transfer the content.
- Start the Music Center for PC software.
- Select (Menu) → Tools → Settings → Device Transfer.
- Under Transfer mode, select Auto assign transfer: The file will always be converted to AAC format and then transferred, then select OK.
- Transfer the content to the Walkman using Music Center for PC software.
When the Use USB for menu appears on the Walkman screen, select File Transfer → OK.
If the Use USB for menu doesn't appear, check the following.
- Unlock the Walkman screen.
- Swipe the Home screen upwards and then tap the menu items in the following order, Settings → Connected devices → USB.
- Make sure that the cable is securely connected to the computer.
- A transfer may not be possible when using a USB hub. Make sure the USB type‑C cable is connected directly to the computer's USB port.
Transfer the content from the computer to the Walkman.Note: For how to transfer the content, refer to the appropriate section on the Help Guide of your model:
- Transferring content from a Windows® computer using Music Center for PC (Windows) software
- Transferring content using a Mac® computer
If transferring the content fails, the Walkman player or SD™ card may not have sufficient space. Follow these steps to check for available space on the Walkman player or the SD card:
- For NW-A100/ZX500 Series, NW-WM1AM2, NW-WM1ZM2: Swipe the Home screen upwards → select Settings → Storage, and then you can check the available storage capacity of the Walkman player or SD card (if inserted).
- For NW-A300/ZX700 Series: Swipe the Home screen upwards, → select Settings → Storage.
If you are using the SD card, swipe the Home screen upwards. → select Settings → Storage → This Device, and then select your SD card name.
Note: Watch the video for how to transfer content:
- NW-A300/ZX700 Series
- NW-WM1AM2/NW-WM1ZM2 -
- NW-A100/ZX500 Series -