IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Android™ 11
- Android 10
After trying each of these steps, test to see if the issue has been resolved before moving on to the next step.
Turn off your device and then turn it back on.
Check the protective screen or case
- Make sure that the perceived stains are not caused by a protective screen film or case used together with the device.
- Remove any such accessories to make sure that there are stains on the display.
Use the Xperia® Tests feature in the Support app to find out if the stains are the result of one or more missing or odd-colored pixels.
- On the Xperia Tests tab, scroll down and tap Display, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Check if there is a software update available for your Xperia device using Xperia Companion.
Perform a factory data reset.
WARNING! When you perform a factory data reset, you erase all personal data stored on the internal storage of your Xperia device. Make sure that you always back up data stored on the internal storage that you want to keep before performing a factory data reset. Photos, videos, music and documents stored on the SD card aren't erased during a factory data reset. To avoid permanent damage to your device, don't interrupt a factory data reset procedure.
- Find and tap Settings → System → Advanced → Reset options → Erase all data (factory reset) → Delete all data.
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- To confirm, tap Delete all data.
If colored stains or tint still appear, contact us.