The screen of the XR model series TV is green when turning it on or when switching to an HDMI input.
This issue is addressed in the current software update. Until your software update is installed, you can perform a power reset of your TV anytime the problem occurs.
Your TV must be connected to the internet to receive and install software updates directly. However, if your TV doesn't have internet access, you may be able to download the update file to a computer, extract the update file to a USB flash drive, and use the flash drive to install the update on your TV. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- For additional information, check the article: How to perform a software update on your TV.
Power restart or reset your TV
The menu items and steps may vary, so follow the steps that best match your TV menu:
- Restart the TV with the supplied remote control (easiest):
- Press and hold the POWER button until a menu appears → select Restart
- Press and hold the POWER button until Power off appears on the screen
- Restart using the menu. On the remote:
- Press (Quick Settings) → Settings → System → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → navigate to Settings → About → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → navigate to Settings → Device Preferences → About → Restart → Restart
- If the power cord is accessible:
- Unplug the TV power cord from the wall outlet, wait two minutes, then plug the power cord back in.