IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Perform the following steps before sending your Xperia® device for repair or service:
- Back up any personal data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory
- Deactivate Protection by my Xperia (not available in the Xperia XZ series or Xperia XA1 Plus and later released models)
- Remove all Google™ accounts from the device
When a repair partner services or repairs your Xperia device, the service technician erases the content on your device.
- If Protection by my Xperia is active on the device, the device goes into Lockdown mode. If the device is in Lockdown mode, the service technician may not be able to perform the service or repair. Deactivate Protection by my Xperia on your device before sending it in for service or repair. After deactivating Protection by my Xperia, remove any Google accounts on your device to protect your integrity.
Note: Don't remove the Google account before you have deactivated Protection by my Xperia.
- If any 3rd party device protection is active on the device, the device is locked. If the device is locked, the service technician may not be able to perform the service or repair. You will need to contact the 3rd party device protection provider for instruction on how to disable their product.
Deactivate Protection by my Xperia
The Protection by my Xperia feature isn't available in the Xperia XZ series or Xperia XA1 Plus and later models.
- Make sure you're signed in as the owner, that is, the user who set up the device for the first time.
- Find and tap Settings → Security → Protection by my Xperia.
- Tap Deactivate, then confirm deactivation.
- To complete the procedure, sign in using the Google account that was used to activate the Protection by my Xperia service.
Remove a Google account
Make sure you're signed in as the owner, that is, the user who set up the device for the first time.
- Android™ 9.0, Android 10, or Android 11:
- Find and tap Settings → Accounts → Google → REMOVE ACCOUNT → REMOVE ACCOUNT.
- Android 8.x:
- Find and tap Settings → Users & accounts → Google → REMOVE ACCOUNT → REMOVE ACCOUNT.
- Android 4.4, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1, or 7.1.1:
- Find and tap Settings → Accounts/Accounts & sync → Google.
- Tap the account you want to remove.
- Tap the menu icon (three vertical dots).
- Tap Remove account. You may have to enter the Google account username and password.