IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the firmware of the DVP-NS9100ES and provides the following benefits:
- Resolves an issue where certain televisions that support the new xvYCC color feature (x.v.Color™), may show no video and/or play no audio when connected to the DVD player using HDMI™ connections. This may occur with televisions manufactured by Sony or by other manufacturers.
Note: This issue occurs only when using the DVD player as the source device for the program being viewed on the television. Audio and video viewed from other sources, or via connections other than HDMI, are unaffected by this issue. This is an HDMI error found within the DVD player and is not a problem with the televisions HDMI connection.
- Improves playback compatibility with certain DVD discs.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® 98/98SE
- Windows® Me
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 3.58 MB
Before You Start
- Please follow the update instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may interrupt the update process and may cause the player to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- Do not power off the player or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware update may cause the player to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- Use a brand new recordable CD-R or CD-RW disc to burn the firmware update. The player may not be able to correctly read a dirty disc or a disc with scratches.
- Recommended operating system for the computer that will download the firmware update:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista®
- Microsoft Windows XP
- A CD drive with disc burning capability is required to create the update disc.
- If you are unable to create the upgrade disc, you can purchase one from the True Manuals web site
- The remote control for the DVD player is required to perform the firmware update.
- Installing this firmware update will return all your personal settings to the factory default settings. After installing the update it will be necessary to reconfigure your personal settings.
- In order to perform the firmware update, it is necessary to have the DVD player correctly connected to a compatible television.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
- Download the DVP-NS9100_UC_145.zip file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the DVP-NS9100_UC_145.zip file to extract the four firmware files to a temporary directory (please note this directory for reference).
Note: Do NOT right-click to extract the files, these files are extracted by double-clicking the (zip) file.
- Burn the four extracted files to a new (blank) CD-R or CD-RW and be sure to finalize the disc.
Note: Click here for instructions on how to burn the upgrade CD using utilities that came with your operating system.
- If write errors occur during the CD burning process, discard the disc and create a new upgrade disc.
- Burning the disc using packet writing software is not supported.
- Do not include any other files on the firmware update CD.
Firmware Update Instructions
WARNING!! Do not power off the player or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Doing so may damage the player to the point of requiring repair.
WARNING!! Do not press any buttons, except as instructed, until the update is complete. Doing so may damage the player to the point of requiring repair.
- Power on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the DVD player is connected. Note: Make sure the DVD player is in the OFF mode. Do not power on the DVD player.
- While pressing and holding the STOP button on front panel of the DVD player, press the 1 button on the DVD remote control. (This procedure activates the process).
- When the front display of the DVD player shows No disc, press the EJECT button on the DVD player front panel to open the disc tray.
- Place the update CD disc on the tray, and then press the PLAY button on DVD player front panel to start the update process.
- The television displays the STMicroelectronics System Update Utility screen, and DISC UPDATE is displayed on the DVD player front display. Please be patient and allow the process to continue.
Note: The picture on the television may be distorted, this is normal.
- When the update is complete, FINISHED is displayed on the DVD player front display and the television displays the message, *** SUCCESS *** The target system has been updated. Please turn unit off and then on again.
Note: It may take several minutes for the firmware update to finish.
- When finished, disconnect the DVD player from the AC power outlet and then reconnect it to reset the player.
- Press the EJECT button on the DVD player front panel and remove the update disc.
- Disconnect the DVD player from the AC power outlet and wait at least one minute before reconnecting.
The firmware update process is now complete.