IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility upgrades the Blu-ray Disc player firmware to version 026 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version 024:
- Improves disc playability:
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version 026:
- Improves BD-ROM playability
- Improves compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs
- Adds slow and freeze frame functions during Blu-ray Disc and DVD playback
- Improved BD-Live performance to enhance interactivity
- Adds BD-Live functionality
- BD-Live allows you to enjoy additional content and services while playing a BD-Live capable disc.
- For optimal performance, we recommend that you use a Broadband Internet connection to access BD-Live content and services.
- BD-Live content and services require external USB flash memory (sold separately) for local storage.
- Improved sensitivity to the Remote Commander® signal while the player is in stand-by mode
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 49.61 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
There are three ways to obtain the Blu-ray Disc player firmware upgrade:
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use the Network Upgrade method to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc player firmware.
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your Internet source, please use the disc upgrade method.
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: When I double click on the UPDATA_07X026.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site, the BD07-VUD.BIN and SONY_VUP.ID files are not created.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).|