IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the Blu-ray™ Disc player firmware to version M13.R.0510 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version M13.R.0497:
- Resolves SSL security issue
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version M13.R.0510:
- Improves BRAVIA® Internet Video playability
- Improves BD-ROM playability
- Adds support for automatic setting of AV Separation Output Mode which allows you to set up connected devices automatically using Bravia Sync
- Adds support for the Sony® Entertainment Network portal
- Adds support for the Recommendations feature Notes:
- The Recommendations feature automatically analyzes your interests by referencing your viewing history to find programs and items you may like, and presents them in the xross media bar™ menu.
- This feature may not be available depending on your region and broadcasting conditions.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 109.03 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
There are two ways to update the Blu-ray Disc player firmware:
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).
The Network Update operation is straightforward. Sony highly recommends that you use the Network Update method to update the Blu-ray Disc player firmware.
|Q: The firmware update process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669). |
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your Internet source, please use the disc upgrade method.
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: When I double click the UPDATA_M13R0510.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site, the MSB13-FW.BIN and MSB13-FW.ID files are not created.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc.|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669). |