IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This firmware update provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 3.00:
- Supports copying clips to external USB storage media
- Supports displaying data codes while playing clips (AVCHD format clips only)
- Supports transferring clips recorded by the camcorder to the PlayMemories Home application on your computer Notes:
- This camcorder cannot transfer the data recorded on the MS/SD card by connecting the camcorder to your computer with a USB cable. Please use a memory card reader writer (sold separately).
- Bundled editing software Vegas Pro 12 Edit can be used to edit the AVCHD clips recorded by this camcorder.
Please view this New functions document for information on the major functions updated.
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 4.00:
- Adds the function to record in AVCHD™ format
- Adds support for Memory Stick® media/SD card formatting
- Provides a correction so that the sound from the internal microphone records properly when the internal microphone is chosen for both CH1 and CH2
- Provides support for the HDMI® 2.0 specification
(4K/59.94P,4K/50P transmission compatibility (YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8bit))
- Mac OS X®
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 58.39 MB
Before You Start
This update is only for FDR-AX1 cameras that currently have firmware version 3.00 or lower. If your camera firmware version is already version 4.00, this update is not necessary.
Check the version of your camera firmware:
How to format the memory card using the FDR-AX1 camera:
Download & Install