[VIDEO] How to live stream using the USB streaming feature
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The USB Streaming feature allows you to live stream video and audio directly with a USB connection. Additionally, you can enjoy some camera models' interchangeable lenses and advanced image capabilities while live streaming with a USB connection. Check your camera's Help Guide to determine if USB Streaming is available for your model. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Watch this video for the setup process.
- A firmware update may be required on some models.
- Use the supplied USB Type-C™ cable to ensure proper connection.
- The model in the video is the ILCE-7M4, but the steps and capabilities are the same or similar to other models, including the ZV-1, ZV-E10, and ZV-1F.
- There may be differences in the video and audio capabilities depending on your camera, so check your Help Guide for details.
- If you assign USB Streaming to a Custom Key, you can activate live streaming with one button press moving forward. See your Help Guide for details.
- For more information on the USB streaming feature, refer to the How to use your Alpha or DSC camera to live stream with the USB streaming function article.
- If the PC Remote Function is grayed out, then set Smartphone Connect to OFF and try again.
- If USB Streaming is grayed out, set the camera to MOVIE mode and try again.