Check out the information below to help set up your CRE-C10 hearing aids. Please contact our Product Support team if you need any help.
Note: If you have the CRE-E10 hearing aids, refer to the article Quick Setup for the CRE-E10 Self-fitting OTC hearing aids.
Step 1. Unbox your new hearing aids
Two hearing aids (left and right) with click sleeves (size S) attached
One pack of size 10 batteries
Click sleeves (size XS, M, and L)
Watch the video
Step 2. Prepare your phone and check the settings
You will need to change some settings on your phone for the initial setup. For details, with illustrations, refer to the How do I change my phone settings for the initial setup of the OTC Hearing Aids article.
Step 3. Set up your hearing aids
This section guides you through the battery installation and pairing the hearing aids with the Sony | Hearing Control app. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure the hearing aids pair with the app successfully.
- Open the battery door on one of the hearing aids.
- Take one battery out of the package and place it into the battery compartment.
- Remove the yellow sticker and leave the battery door open.
- Repeat the process for the other hearing aid.
IMPORTANT: So the hearing aid can successfully pair with the app, the battery doors must remain open until the app prompts you to close them during the setup process.
After you have selected the correct settings on your phone and installed the batteries, follow these steps to complete the setup:
- Download the Sony | Hearing Control app to your smartphone.
- Before starting the customization process on the app, please do the following:
- Find a quiet place where you are not disturbed by loud sounds
- Ensure your phone has a strong internet connection (Wi-Fi® or cellular) throughout this process.
- If you have not done so, do the following:
- Unmute your phone and set the media volume to a high level (about 75%)
- For iPhone only: Make sure the mute/silent switch on the side of the phone is turned off.
- If you have earbuds, headphones, or a speaker connected to your phone, power them off or disconnect them from Bluetooth.
- Do not leave the app during the Hearing profile check. Otherwise, a time-out may occur, leading to a failure in the Hearing profile check.
- Perform the customization process on the Sony | Hearing Control app. You must complete all the steps provided in the app carefully to set up and use the hearing aids. The app will guide you through the process, which will take about 10 minutes.
Watch the video
Other Important Information
Hint: Your hearing aid will arrive with size S (small) click sleeves attached. If these aren’t comfortable, you can switch to one of the other three sizes provided (XS, M, L). Choose a smaller size if the hearing aid is pressing on your ear or a larger size if the hearing aid feels loose or makes a whistling noise. Also, your left and right ears may be slightly different sizes, so feel free to use different size sleeves in each ear.
- Grasp and remove the click sleeve.
Note: Click sleeves can be wiped or cleaned after each use and should be changed periodically if there is excessive wax accumulation. They are designed to be discarded after removal from the device.
- Position the tab on the click sleeve as pictured below, then press it onto the hearing aid. You will hear a click when it is fully installed.
Watch the video
- Adjust the volume and sound balance
- Fine-tune the sound and adjust the loudness
Note: The Fine tuning adjustment and Adjust loudness settings are available from the menu → Hearing aid settings
If the hearing aids fail to pair with the Hearing Control app, check the following and then perform the setup process again:
- Double-check the media playback volume, and make sure it is set to 75% or higher.
- Make sure any earbuds, headphones, speakers, or other devices connected to your phone are disconnected from the phone or Bluetooth.
- Disable the setting if the phone uses surround sound or any other audio enhancement processing.
- Move to a quieter environment.
- If you simultaneously powered on both hearing aids during setup, or the pairing mode was disabled before the process was complete, open the battery doors to power off the hearing aids, and leave them open until prompted during the setup process.