This issue can normally be resolved by doing a power reset and updating the system software. If the system software has already been updated, then a power reset may be all that is required.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Perform a power reset.
- Unplug the power cord from the Network Media Player.
- Allow the Network Media Player to remain without power for 10 seconds.
- Plug power cord back into the Network Media Player.
- Update the system software.
- Go into the Settings menu of the Network Media Player.
- Select Network Update.
NOTE: The power LED blinks again during the update process. The Network Media Player can be used after the update completes.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.