IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot a Sony® monitor connected to a third-party computer.
- Since each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the display function after completing each step.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the monitor. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Download and install the latest video drivers for the computer video card.
- Disconnect the computer and monitor from any surge protector or power strip and plug it directly into a known working wall outlet.
NOTE: If the display returns after completing this step, the problem is isolated to the surge protector or power strip.
- Ensure the monitor cables are connected correctly .
- Perform a monitor self-test.
- Adjust the monitor brightness and contrast levels.
- If possible, connect and use the monitor with a different computer.
NOTE: If the monitor functions properly, then the problem is isolated to the computer to which the monitor was originally connected.
- Ensure that the keyboard and mouse are connected correctly.
- Troubleshoot the computer display configurations in Safe Mode.
- Remove any hardware that has been added to the computer. This includes any added memory, internal or external drives, and any type of adapter card (network, sound, video, USB, etc.).
NOTE: The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.