Follow this procedure to perform a system recovery.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All software applications, configurations, and data added to the restored drives will be erased.
- The recovery CDs provided are incorrectly labelled as being recovery CDs for the PCG GRX500. These are the correct recovery CDs for this unit. A red label on the outside of the original recovery CD packaging that states the kit is for the PCG GRX650.
- The System and Application Recovery CDs will not work with networked CD/DVD drives.
- If a third-party CD/DVD drive is used, it must be a 100% ATAPI compliant PC Card CD/DVD drive to perform a system recovery.
- When using the PCGA CDRW51 or CDRW52 external CDROM drive to perform a recovery, ensure the switch on the bottom of the drive is switched to Recovery [FIG. 1]
- The PCGA CDRW52 external CDROM drive must be powered by its own AC adapter to perform a recovery.
- Connect the notebook to AC power.
- Insert System Recovery CD #1 into the CD/DVD drive.
- Turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer.
- In the VAIO System Recovery Utility window, click the Next button.
- In the Notes on Use window, click the Next button.
- In the Main Menu window, click to select the appropriate type of recovery to perform: