Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the picture from the DVD/VCR combo does not show on the TV screen.
NOTE: A VCR tape being played back must be recorded in the NTSC format.
- Verify that the DVD/VCR combination deck is turned on and is playing.
- Check the cable connections.
IMPORTANT: The S-VIDEO OUT jack can only be used when playing a DVD. It will not output a signal when playing a VCR tape.
- Audio/Video (A/V) cables should be used to connect the DVD/VCR combo deck to a television. Ensure one end of the A/V cables are connected to the LINE OUT [FIG. 1] jack of the DVD/VCR combo deck and the other end is connected to the VIDEO IN [FIG. 2] jack on the television.
- If A/V cables are not being used, then a coaxial cable should be connected from the VHF/UHF OUT [FIG. 3] jack on the DVD/VCR combination deck to the VHF/UHF [FIG. 4] jack on the television.
- Verify that the television is tuned to the appropriate channel (3 or 4) to receive the signal from the DVD/VCR combination deck.
- Ensure the television is turned on.
- Ensure the television is tuned to the appropriate channel or video input to receive the signal from the DVD/VCR combo.
- Attempt to play a different media in the DVD/VCR combination deck.
NOTE: If the issue is unresolved for the VCR component only, clean the video heads using a dry head-cleaning cassette.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try connecting to a different video input on the television.
- If the issue is still not resolved, replace the coaxial or A/V cables.
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service will be required .