Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the unit not responding properly or displays MECHA ERROR or MECHANICAL ERROR.
- Remove any CDs or tapes from the unit.
- Turn off the unit.
- Unplug the AC power cord for 15 seconds.
- Ensure the recommended speakers are attached properly and that the wires are not shorted.
- Ensure the unit is getting proper ventilation.
NOTE: If the unit has a voltage selector switch, ensure the proper voltage is selected.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Press and hold the STOP button, DISPLAY , and DISC 1 , and then turn on the unit.
- Attempt to operate the unit.
NOTE: If the error is still displayed after performing this procedure, service will be required .
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.