IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow this procedure to resolve the error This device cannot start. Code 10.
IMPORTANT: Original and updated device drivers can be found online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, click to select the appropriate device listing.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Update Driver.
- Follow the wizard to complete the device driver update.
NOTE: If updating the device driver does not resolve the issue, try using a different, higher quality i.Link® cable. This issue has been known to occur when using lesser quality cables.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.