A HOLD message will appear in the display of the Walkman® player whenever the HOLD switch is engaged. To eliminate the message, slide the switch to the OFF position. If the message continues to appear, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
NOTE: Consult the instruction manual for model-specific information regarding the location and use of the HOLD switch. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Remove the battery (if applicable), disconnect from AC power (if applicable), or turn the player off.
- Allow the player to remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery, reconnect AC power, or turn the player on.
- If the message still appears, reset the player by pressing the RESET button with a small object such as a paper clip.
- Test the player for proper functionality.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.