This article is designed to assist when the disc tray opens but the DVD player does not accept the disc that is being placed in the tray.
NOTE: If the disc tray does not open, it could mean that the player is locked (also known as child lock). The steps to lock on unlock the DVD player are different depending on the model being used. Refer to the product manual for model specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Follow the procedure below if the DVD player will not accept the disc or keeps ejecting discs.
- Turn off the DVD player.
- Unplug the power cord of the DVD player from the electrical outlet.
- Allow the DVD player to remain without power for one minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the DVD player.
- Attempt to insert the disc into the DVD player.
- The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve the issue of the DVD player not accepting a disc. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.
- If you are experiencing a different disc playback issue, refer to how to troubleshoot disc playback issues on the DVD player.
- A separate article is available if the disc tray will not open or eject .