Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the controls or buttons do not respond properly.
IMPORTANT: If an error message or icon is also being displayed in relation to this issue, then consult the instruction manual of the camera for specific troubleshooting information.
- Ensure the battery is fully charged and inserted properly in the camera.
- Turn on the camera.
- If the camera has a mode dial, ensure it is set to the appropriate position.
- Ensure the recording media is inserted properly in the camera.
- Test the controls and buttons for proper operation.
NOTE: It is normal to have a delay when taking a picture with a digital camera and the LCD screen may be frozen for a split second depending on the subject.
- If the camera still does not operate properly, reset the camera according to the instruction manual.
- If the issue is not resolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service will be required .