IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot noise when listening from an external source. Make sure to perform sound tests after each step.
- Plug the receiver and the external source directly to the main outlet to avoid power fluctuation.
- Make sure to connect the external source properly to the receiver.
- Increase the volume on the connected external source if it has volume control.
- Connect the external source to a different input port on the receiver.
- Replace the connection cables.
If the issue still persists, the unit may need repair.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.