Follow this procedure to disable the touchpad.
- Click the Start button, then click VAIO Control Center .
NOTE: Earlier models may refer to the application as VAIO Support Central instead of VAIO Control Center .
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click the Categories tab.
- On the Categories tab, click the Plus (+) symbol next to Keyboard and Mouse .
- Under Keyboard and Mouse , double-click Built-in Pointing Device .
- In the Built-in Pointing Device window, click to clear the Enable box.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Built-in Pointing Device dialog box, click the Yes button.