- Not all Blu-ray Disc™ players or TVs have internet capabilities. To see if your unit has the ability to connect to the Internet, check the specifications or supplied operations guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- We recommend using a gaming adapter or wireless bridge if the video device does not have wireless internet capabilities and a LAN connection is not available in the room or area where the video device is located.
- Prior to following the steps in this solution, ensure that the router is connected to an active, high-speed modem.
Follow these steps to connect a wired router to a Blu-ray Disc player, TV, or network media player:
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the Local Area Network (LAN) jack on the back of the product.
- Use the Network Setup feature from the menu of the video device to set up a wired connection.
NOTE: The sub-steps may slightly vary by model. Refer to the manual supplied with the Blu-ray Disc player or TV for model-specific instructions.
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME or Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Setup.
- Follow the on-screen steps to set up a wired connection.