NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the reception status after completing each step.
- If an external antenna is attached to the radio, reposition the antenna.
- Move the radio to a different location.
- If the portable radio is being used in a building or vehicle, move the radio closer to a window.
- Make sure the radio is not being used near a cell phone or any other devices that emit radio waves.
- Plug the power cord of the radio into a different AC outlet (if applicable) or replace the current batteries with a new set.
- If the radio has a DX/LOCAL switch, change the position of the switch.
- Try tuning to a different radio station.
- When tuned to a radio station that is in close proximity to another radio station that has higher transmitting power, the reception selectivity of the portable radio may be limited; this makes it difficult for the receiver in the radio to determine which broadcast you want to listen to and may allow the signal from the unwanted radio station to interfere.
- Additional information is available for radios with weather band radio reception .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.