Follow these steps if the turntable platter doesn't spin:
- Make sure that the turntable is connected to the wall outlet.
- Move the lever on the motor drive gear inward to allow the platter to spin.
- Place the drive belt over the notched guide on the motor pulley.
- Make sure that the drive belt is not twisted.
- Don't forget to remove the ribbon you used to loop the drive belt.
- Re-sync the tone arm with the platter.
If you have completed all of the steps above and the issue still occurs, repair may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.