Do you have questions about the PS-LX310BT turntable with Bluetooth® connectivity? This FAQ can help you with playback and recording, Bluetooth connection, supplied items (or replacement parts), and repair.
Playback and recording
Can my turntable play 78 rpm records?
No. Your turntable can only play records at 33 rpm and 45 rpm.
What computer operating systems would be compatible with my turntable and support USB audio recording?
Only the following operating systems (OS) are supported:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8.1, and 10 OS
- Apple® Mac® OS X® 10.9 - 10.11 OS
- macOS® 10.12 - 10.14 OS
- Standard driver software is supported. No installation of dedicated driver software is required.
- Operation with all computers isn't guaranteed.
- The following operating environments may prevent your turntable from operating normally:
- Home-built computer
- Computer with a user-upgraded OS
- Multi-boot computer
- If the sleep, standby, system suspend, or power-saving features are enabled.
Is there a recording software that I need to install on my computer?
You need to install a recording software to record audio tracks such as the Audacity® audio software.
Can I play music from the turntable to my computer using the USB connection?
Depending on the software you use, It's possible to hear the audio track while recording.
Can't hear any music from my vinyl records while recording from my computer.
Some recording software titles offer input playthrough or a similar setting that allows you to send the audio to your computer's speakers or headphone jack while you are recording. Refer the software manual for more information.
Can I record my vinyl records in high-resolution audio format?
No. Your turntable can't record sound to your computer in high-resolution audio format.
The platter doesn't turn.
- Make sure the ON / STANDBY button on the back of your turntable is set to ON.
- Make sure that the AC Adapter is firmly connected to a power outlet and the DC IN 12V jack on the turntable.
- Make sure that the drive belt is completely hooked around the motor pulley.
- If the drive belt isn't hooked, or it is hooked on another place, the platter will not turn.
- Make sure the drive belt isn't twisted. With the mat for the platter removed, turn the platter slowly by hand and make sure the belt isn't twisted.
- If the issue still occurs, set the operating mechanism of the platter and tone arm to the initial state. Platter rotation and tone arm operation can be stabilized.
- If the tone arm is fixed with a string, remove the string.
- Raise the tone arm by pressing the UP/DOWN button.
- Slowly turn the platter 10 times clockwise by hand.
- Lower the tone arm by pressing the UP/DOWN button.
Does my turntable support AAC and LDAC™ audio fomats?
Your turntable supports SBC (Subband Codec) and Qualcomm® aptX™ audio only. AAC and LDAC aren't supported.
Can't pair my turntable with the Bluetooth speaker or headphones.
If there are other active Bluetooth devices nearby, make sure to turn off the Bluetooth function of the device which you don't want to be connected, and then try to pair the device that you want to connect with your turntable again.
Can I pair my turntable with a TV, computer, or smartphone?
You can only pair your turntable with audio playback devices such as headphones or speakers. Pairing with a TV, computer, or smartphone isn't supported.
The Bluetooth wireless communication range is short.
Check the following:
- If other devices are connected to your turntable or playback device, disconnect them.
- If the turntable shares a power outlet with a microwave, connect it to a different outlet.
- Place the turntable on a table that's not made of metal.
Bluetooth playback is too loud.
Your turntable doesn't have any volume adjustment. Make sure that the paired Bluetooth speaker or headphones have a volume adjustment function.
Can't hear any sound or I hear strange sounds on my speakers or headphones during playback.
Try unpairing and pairing your speaker or headphones.
- Press the /PAIRING button on your turntable and then wait for a while.
- Press the /PAIRING button on your turntable to pair your audio device again.
If the steps above resolve the issue, perform the following sequence when you pair your speaker or headphones again:
- Turn on your speaker or headphones and set it to pairing mode.
- Press the /PAIRING button on the turntable.
I can't adjust the volume when the turntable is connected to Bluetooth speakers or headphones.
Adjust the volume using the volume buttons or other volume control functions on the speakers or headphones.
- Some headphones or speakers don't have volume buttons or knobs to adjust it.
- If the headphones or speakers have volume buttons or knobs but don't work using Bluetooth connection.
Supplied items and replacement parts
Where do I find the 45 RPM adapter and dust cover hinges?
You can find the 45 RPM adapter and dust cover hinges together with the packaging materials of your turntable.
Can I use another stylus for my turntable?
Make sure to use the stylus exclusively designed for your turntable. Other styluses aren't supported. To purchase a spare or replacement stylus, call your retailer or contact Parts and Accessory Sales. Go to Parts and Accessories.
Can I use another type of cartridge?
Your turntable is tuned based on the original cartridge installed in it. Replacing with other types of cartridges isn't supported.
When removing the stylus protective cover, the stylus is unintentionally removed.
When attaching or removing the stylus protective cover, slide it horizontally (illustrated below).
If you pull the stylus protective cover vertically, the protective cover and the stylus will be removed together. If you have done this unintentionally, follow the steps below to reattach the protective cover and stylus.
- Attach the stylus protective cover to the spare stylus.
- Hold the cartridge body with one hand and then insert the tab on the spare stylus into the receptacle on the cartridge body.
What precautions do I need to observe if I send my turntable for repair?
Shipping your turntable completely assembled may cause breakage or malfunction. Disassemble the following parts and securely pack them before shipping:
- Put the protective cover on the stylus.
- If you don't have the protective cover, carefully pack the stylus so that it doesn't bump against any object during transport.
- Remove the mat from the platter.
- Unhook the drive belt from the motor pulley and then carefully lift up the platter. Place the drive belt on the rear part of the platter.
- Refer to the Assembling the Turntable section of the manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Pass a string through the hole in the tone arm rest and fix the tone arm and the tone arm rest to prevent it from moving during transport.
- Pack the items carefully so that they don't bump against each other during transport.
- We recommend retaining the packing materials that came with the turntable and using that packaging whenever transporting.