Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
NOTE: Each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue. Check the volume of the front speakers after completing each step.
- Check to see if the sound on the stereo system has been muted.
- Try a different audio setting on the stereo system.
- Ensure the speakers are connected properly to the front left and right speaker terminals of the stereo system.
IMPORTANT: Low volume can occur if the speakers are connected to terminals meant for the connection of rear surround speakers.
- Try increasing the volume level on the stereo system.
IMPORTANT: If the stereo system is connected to an AUDIO OUT jack on a television, it may be necessary to increase the volume level of the TV.
- If possible, try connecting the speakers to a different stereo system.
NOTE: If the issue is not resolved when connected to another stereo system, then the speakers will need to be serviced or replaced. Otherwise, the issue may be with the original stereo system.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.