IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The following are the possible causes why the camera is not turning on even if the battery pack or AC adapter is attached.
When using an AC adapter and USB cable
- Check whether the AC adapter and power cord are properly connected.
- If you are using a USB cable, attach the battery to the camera and check if the USB cable is connected properly to the personal computer.
- Depending on the camera, it may take some time before the camera turns on.
- If the camera does not start after connecting, attempt to turn on the camera after about 5 seconds.
When using the battery
- If the battery is exhausted, try again after charging.
- If the battery cannot be charged, check the information in this solution .
- If the camera cannot be charged, does not turn on even after it was charged, or the power turns off immediately after it was turned on, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.