Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the keyboard or touchpad are not working.
- Verify that the keyboard battery is fully charged.
- If just the touchpad is not working, verify the power switch is in the ON (middle) position and not in the TOUCHPAD OFF (far-right) position.
- If the keyboard is not working, verify the power switch is in the ON (middle) or TOUCHPAD OFF (right) position.
- The power switch for the keyboard has three positions: (from left to right) OFF, ON, and TOUCHPAD OFF.
- The TOUCHPAD OFF position is denoted by a touch pad symbol with an X.
If the keyboard battery is fully charged and the power switch is in the ON position, yet the keyboard or touchpad are still not working, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.