IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below if the error appears or if the device freezes or stops when trying to perform the latest system software (firmware) update through the Update via Internet function.
- Check that the Blu-ray Disc® player is properly connected to the network through wired or wireless connection.
- At the Update Failed screen, select OK to try the update again or Cancel to cancel the update.
- If the update still fails, download the software update and save it to a USB device.
IMPORTANT: The current software version, which is M30.R.0301 will be available on the eSupport web site. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Cancel the Update via Internet process and use Update via USB Memory.
NOTE: If you are unable to select the Update via USB Memory function, check the following:
- Make sure that the USB device is properly connected to the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Make sure that the USB device is formatted to supported file systems (format) FAT32 or NTFS.
- Make sure that the USB device is compatible with the Blu-ray Disc player.
If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.