IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
What Is It?
Unregister Device service is a simple way to remove the following:
- Removes PlayStation™ Network (formerly known as Sony Entertainment Network (SEN)) and Sony Essentials content account relationships from your device
- Removes your device from PlayStation Network and Sony Essentials accounts
Which Content Account Relationships are Cleared from My Device?
The following accounts are removed from your device when you use the Unregister Device service:
- PlayStation Video
- PlayMemories™ software
- Other third party content accounts associated with your PlayStation Network Account, or your Sony Essentials account.
How Does It Work?
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select the Unregister Device.
- Select Unregister.
- Select Yes.
- Select Done.
- Perform a Factory Reset to remove any account associations that weren't removed after the Unregister Device process. Refer to your device's manual for more information on how to reset your device. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
How Do I Reconnect My Device to My Account, or Connect to a New Account?
The steps to reconnect your device to your account vary depending on your device, your region, and app. Refer to the app developer, or visit the app's support webiste for more information.
For applications that require registration: