You may experience your Internet video services missing, no longer accessible, or the message “Service has not started in this region” with certain services. Check the information provided to help resolve this issue:
Internet video services are missing or different
- If certain services are suddenly missing or different services are appearing, make sure your device isn't being used outside of the country since the internet video function is region specific and may not be available when used in a different country or region.
- The internet video streaming services found on your device may have changed or may require refreshing the internet content, and in some cases, the service for that app may have ended. Check the article for Internet TV services are missing or disappeared from my list for additional information.
Service has not started in this region
The message “Service has not started in this region” may appear when your device detects an Internet Protocol (IP) error. This error indicates that either the device is being used in a country or region where internet video isn't supported for the device or the IP address being used is incorrect.
Check your device
- Make sure your device isn't being used outside of the country since the internet video function is region specific.
- Make sure the latest system software (firmware) update has been installed on your device. Perform the software update if it's not been installed.
- The easiest and recommended process to perform an update is to use your remote control to turn on the Auto SW Update in your device menu, and then run the Update SW feature. Check your device manual for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If you're unable to auto-update your device, any available firmware updates for your device can be downloaded from the support website. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure your device has been properly set up. Information is available in the article Access an Internet video channel through an Internet video device.
If the error continues to appear after following these steps, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to verify the IP being used and for additional assistance.
If certain services are suddenly missing or different services are appearing, confirm that Sony provides these services in the country it's being used. Confirm with the Sony official product information website or check it with the actual device.
- If the services on the TV screen are the same as the ones Sony provides in the country where the product is being used, this isn't a malfunction.
- If the services on the TV screen are different than the ones Sony provides in the country where the product is being used, wait an hour and try accessing the internet video channels again. The wait is required so that your device connects to the new database system and the proper services are accessed.
- If the condition remains unchanged even after an hour or more, check the article for Internet TV services are missing or disappeared from my list.