Troubleshoot charging issues on your wireless speaker
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Use this article if you have issues charging your Bluetooth® speaker or the battery life is short.
Can't charge the battery
- Make sure that the USB cable is firmly connected to the speaker and the USB AC adapter.
- Make sure the USB AC adapter is firmly connected to the speaker and the AC outlet.
- We recommend using a USB AC adapter with an output current of 1.5 A or more and a supplied USB cable or USB cable that conforms to the USB standard.
- It may take time to fully charge the battery depending on the specifications of the USB cable or adapter when you use a USB AC adapter for iPhone® or iPad® device.
- You can't use a charging-only USB cable with no data transmission capabilities for some models. Check your device manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
The CHARGE indicator doesn't light up
- If you connect the speaker to the supplied USB AC adapter while the power is on, the CHARGE indicator won't light up, but the battery will charge.
- If you charge the battery while the speaker is off, the CHARGE indicator will light up.
Charging time takes too long
Charging may take longer to complete if you're using the speaker while charging. We recommend turning off the speaker while it's charging.
The CHARGE indicator turns off immediately and charging isn't completed
The CHARGE indicator may turn off and charge won't complete in the following cases:
- The battery is already fully charged.
- Ambient temperature exceeds the range of 41 °F - 95 °F (5 °C - 35 °C).
- There is a problem with the battery.
The battery life is short
The estimated battery life is 12 hours, but may vary depending on the following:
- Ambient temperature
- Conditions of use
- Volume level