IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Image retention occurs due to degradation of screen uniformity as a result of continuous display of the same screen for a certain period of time. In terms of the appearance on the screen, image retention and non-uniformity are similar.
To reduce image retention or non-uniformity, check the following :
- After using your TV, press the POWER button on your TV or the remote control to turn it off.
- We recommend that you perform this operation every time you use your TV.
- Leave it off for about six hours or more.
- Place the TV away from direct sunlight.
- Sunlight exposure can change the characteristics of your TV screen and may appear as non-uniformity.