This page provides general information about the MP-CD1 Mobile Projector.
What accessories come with the mobile projector?
The MP-CD1 mobile projector comes with the following accessories:
- USB-C cable (1)
- Micro USB to USB-C adaptor (1)
- High-Speed HDMI® Cable with Ethernet (1)
- Carrying pouch (1)
- Instruction Manual (1)
What is keystone correction?
An image projected on a surface at an angle is displayed with a keystone (trapezoid) shape. The MP-CD1 automatically corrects this distortion.
- The aspect ratio of the image may change.
- An image projected to the ceiling can't be corrected.
Screen and Sound
How do I change the sound mode and picture mode of the projector?
Quickly press and release the Power button to cycle through the sound and picture modes.
How do I adjust the volume of the projector?
Change the volume on the connected device. If the connected device doesn't have any volume control, the sound level will be fixed.
What's the largest screen size of the mobile projector?
The largest screen size the MP-CD1 can project is 120 inches. Increasing the display size reduces the brightness of the projected image and may prevent the display from being seen if the ambient light is too bright. In this case, bring the projector closer to the projection surface to increase the brightness.
The following table lists the screen size based on the distance of the projector.
|Distance from the Screen||Screen Size|
|23 inches (58 cm.)||20 inches|
|138 inches (3.5 m)||120 inches|
Power and Battery
How do I check the battery status of the projector?
Quickly press and release the Power button to show the remaining battery life.
- If the power is off:
- The charge LED flashes with the following pattern:
- If the power is on:
- The battery icon shows the power level of the battery.
How long does the projector last with a full charge?
- If there is no external power source, the projection time is approximately two hours.
- The projection time may vary depending on what's being projected. Lighter images consumes more power than darker images.
- Connecting the projector to an external power source prolongs the projection time. (3.0A AC Adaptor recommended).
- Charging an external device using the USB-out port of the projector uses the power of the projector's internal battery and decreases the projection time.
Can I charge a device while projecting?
The USB-out port of the projector can charge a device even while projecting a photo or video. The power output of the USB-out port is 1.5A.
How long to fully charge the battery?
- Regular charging:
- Approximately two hours and 30 minutes using a 3.0A AC adaptor or portable charger.
- Approximately four hours using a 1.5A AC adaptor or portable charger.
- Charging while projecting:
- You can charge the projector even if an image is being projected if a 3.0A AC adaptor or portable charger is used, and no external device is connected to the USB-out port. Charging time depends on the brightness of the projected image.
- If a 1.5A AC adaptor or portable charger is used while displaying an image, the battery will eventually run out and the projector will power off because the power consumption will be greater than the AC adaptor current.
Wi-Fi® & Bluetooth® features
The mobile projector doesn't have built-Bluetooth or Wi-Fi features. An optional Bluetooth transmitter can be inserted into the audio out jack to output sound to wireless headphones or speakers.
Android™ Mobile Device
The projector supports Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL™) cable input to connect to Android mobile devices. Check the MHL website or the manual of your Android device for product-specific information.
iOS™ Mobile Device (iPhone® or iPad®)
You can connect the projector to an iPhone or iPad using an Apple® Digital AV Adapter.
The projector supports HDMI input, and an HDMI cable is included. Check your source device for HDMI support, or if an HDMI adapter is required.
Other devices that don't support HDMI or MHL
It may be possible to connect the projector using the following HDMI-compatible dongles or display adapters:
- Miracast™ HDMI dongle or wireless display adapter
- Chromecast™ HDMI dongle or wireless display adapter
- USB-C to HDMI adapter
- Micro USB to HDMI adapter