IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue. Check if the touch sensor works after each step:
- On your Bluetooth® device, delete the pairing information and then pair your wireless headphones again.
- Reset your wireless headphones.
- Pair your wireless headphones to another Bluetooth device.
- Initialize your wireless headphones.
- If you use the supplied headphones cable, only the Quick Attention Mode will work on the touch sensor. Pair your wireless headphones to the Bluetooth device to use the touch sensor.
- The Bluetooth device must support the A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) and AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) Bluetooth profiles. Depending on your app, the headphones may not support media playback commands.
- Some control and features of your wireless headphones require the Headphones Connect app.
- Remove stickers or similar objects that may block the touch sensor.