IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Accessibility Shortcut function provides an easier and faster way to switch your favorite accessibility feature. Instead of starting from the setting menu, you can turn your desired shortcut On or Off by pressing and holding the MUTING or MUTE button on the supplied remote control for three seconds. If you want to change the assigned accessibility shortcut function, follow these steps:
- Press the HOME button.
- Select Settings and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Accessibility, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Accessibility shortcut, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Shortcut service, and press the Enter button.
- Select your preferred shortcut and press the Enter button.
- Select OK and press the Enter button.
- The default setting of the Accessibility shortcut function is set to a screen reading function, such as Screen reader (recommended) or TalkBack.
- This function isn't available during the initial setup of your TV.
- Depending on the model, when you use the function for the first time, a dialog box will appear to confirm the use of the Accessibility shortcut function. However, this dialog box can't be read by the screen reader. In this case, you will need assistance from someone who can select the USE SHORTCUT option.
- Activating the Screen reader on TVs with the eARC function will deactivate the eARC mode.