Can't access the network band setting for Wi-Fi Direct on my TV
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Note: You can select the wireless band for the Wi-Fi Direct® function only when your TV is not connected to wireless router. If Wi-Fi® is enabled on your TV, the band setting won't be accessible from the TV menu and Wi-Fi must be disable first to select a band setting.
- On the supplied TV remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- This step will vary depending on the options available in your TV menu. Follow the steps accordingly.
- Select Network > Wi-Fi Direct Settings > press the OPTIONS button on your remote > select Band Setting > Auto
- Select Network > Wi-Fi Direct > Advanced settings > Band setting > Auto
- Your TV automatically selects the most appropriate band setting when the Wi-Fi setting is on.
- Select Auto (2.4GHz Band) when connecting with devices that support 2.4 GHz only.
- Select Auto (5GHz Band) when connecting with devices that support 5 GHz.
- Check your manual for the supported wireless band of your TV. Manuals are posted on your model support page.