The firmware update for the WF-1000XM3 earbud headphones freezes and does not complete
This may occur if the instructions for the download are not followed carefully. Visit the downloads section of the , and review the information provided in the Important Notice and Before you upgrade sections.
Our recommended tips
Before installing the update again, make sure that:
- Your mobile device and the earbud headphones are fully charged.
- Check the supplied help guide for charging details. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The Automatic Power Off setting in the Sony | Headphones Connect app is set to Do not turn off.
- Your mobile device has a strong Wi-Fi® signal.
- If the Wi-Fi signal is weak, use the smartphone / mobile cellular signal to enable the download of the update.
Note: A video is also available on how to update the firmware.