Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the TV turns on by itself.
IMPORTANT: If additional information regarding menu operation is required to perform the troubleshooting steps provided, refer to the operating instructions provided with the Product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the device has a timer option, ensure it is disabled.
- Check the remote control to see if any of the buttons are stuck that may be interfering with the device.
- Unplug the power cord of the device from the AC wall outlet for 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the AC outlet.
- Attempt to turn on the device.
- Remove all remote controls from the room where the device is located.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service will be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.