Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the Closed Captioning cannot be removed, changed, or accessed.
- Change the input or channel on the TV.
NOTE: The Closed Captioned (CC) information may be caused by an external source such as a cable box or satellite receiver, especially if the cable box or set-top box is connected via HDMI® connection.
- The CC can be removed in 1 of 3 ways depending on the model of the TV.
- Pressing the Display button on the remote.
- Pressing the CC button on the remote.
- Go to the Caption Vision menu and set CC to OFF.
NOTE: The images below are examples of the location of the Subtitle or CC button on different Sony® remote controls.
- When using a TV that uses the Cross Media Bar (XMB™) menu, it may be necessary to change the closed caption settings for both the analog and digital signals.
- Refer to the television manual for detailed instructions on how to access the menu settings. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the CC information is still displayed, then it is being displayed from an external source such as the broadcaster, cable box, or satellite receiver. Contact the broadcaster or the manufacturer of the cable box or satellite receiver for instructions on removing the Closed Captioned information.