There is no sound when using an Audio/Video (A/V) connection.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Ensure the Audio/Video (A/V) cable is securely connected to the output of the DVD player.
- Ensure the A/V cable is securely connected to the input of the TV or stereo receiver.
- Ensure the TV or stereo receiver is tuned to the appropriate input to receive the audio signal from the DVD player.
- If the remote control for the DVD player has a SUR button, press this button until SURROUND OFF is displayed on the TV screen.
- If the issue is not resolved, connect the A/V cable to a different input on the TV or stereo receiver.
- Tune the TV or stereo receiver to the new input.
NOTE: If sound is produced when connecting to the new input, then the previous input jack on the television or stereo system may be faulty.
- If sound is not produced when connecting to the new input, then try replacing the A/V cable.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve the issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.