IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before You Start
- On your mobile device, download and install the latest version of the PlayMemories Mobile™ application.
- Make sure that your camera has the latest firmware version installed. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Unable to establish a Wi-Fi® connection between the camera and the mobile device.
To establish a Wi-Fi connection between your camera and mobile device, follow the Set-up Guide in the PlayMemories support page.
- Some cameras have the Multi Camera Control function, which allows you to connect multiple Action Cam cameras through Wi-Fi, and operate them from your smartphone or tablet. You can control your Action Cam cameras individually or all at once. More information about the Multi Camera Control function is available in the PlayMemories Mobile support page.
- Your camera won't connect to your mobile device through Single Connection if the Wi-Fi connection setting on the camera is set to MULTI.
If you still can't connect both devices after following all the steps in the Set-up Guide for your camera, follow the steps below:
- Power off your camera and your mobile device.
- Then, after a few seconds, power both devices back on.
- Reset the network settings on the camera.
Instructions on how to reset the network settings vary depending on the camera. Refer to the camera's manual for information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Uninstall and reinstall the PlayMemories Mobile app.
Follow the steps in the Set-up Guide to connect both devices.
For more information about the PlayMemories Mobile application, visit the PlayMemories Mobile support website.