You can connect LCD TVs that are wireless LAN-ready or have built-in wireless LAN to your home wireless (Wi-Fi®) network and the internet.
Here is the difference between the two wireless LAN options:
- Wireless LAN-ready:
- Bring wireless internet access to your Wi-Fi ready BRAVIA™ HDTV with the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter. This adapter plugs into your USB input on your TV, and with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality, it’s simple to get your TV connected to your home network no matter what type of Wi-Fi you are using.
- Built-in wireless LAN:
- The built-in wireless LAN device allows you to access the internet and your home network without having to connect a separate adapter. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless network and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment.
Before You Start
- Set up your modem and router and make sure your network is connected to the internet. Refer to your modem and router manual or manufacturer for configuration details.
- If required, connect the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter to the USB input on your TV. Most of the newer TV models have the built-in wireless LAN, so they would not require this adapter.
- If you aren't sure if the adapter is required or not, check the TV manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Use the Network Setup Feature in the TV Menu to Connect to Your Network
A video tutorial is available to assist you with the setup or you can follow the instructions provided below.
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- This step will vary depending on the network setup options available in your TV menu. Follow the steps accordingly.
- Select Preferences > Setup > Network > Network Setup or Setup Network Connection
- Select Network Set-up > Set up Network connection
- Select Network > Network Setup or Setup Network Connection
- Select Expert, Auto, or Custom.
- If you don't see this option, move to the next step.
- Select Wireless, Wireless Setup, or Wireless LAN.
- Select the available wireless network you want to connect the TV to and then follow the on-screen instructions. The connection method may vary depending on the router type and settings.