IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps, if the car receiver suddenly turns off unexpectedly or no longer works.
- Disconnect the power harness from the back of the head unit for a moment and then reconnect it.
- To prevent this problem from reoccurring, update the firmware by downloading the latest software update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: If you have already upgraded to either of the software versions listed below, you do not need to update the firmware.
- MEX-XB100BT: 1300
- MEX-N4100BT/N5100BT: 1600
- MEX-N4150BT: 1700
- MEX-M100BT: 11
- WX-850BT/900BT: 21
How to check if you need the update:
- Power on the main unit.
- Press and hold the SOURCE button (SRC is printed on the button) for 1 second to turn the source off and display the clock.
- Press MENU button.
- Turn the control dial to display SET GENERAL, and then press the control dial.
- Turn the control dial to display SET FIRMWARE, and then press the control dial.
- Turn the control dial to display FW VERSION, and then press the control dial.
- Check the version number displayed.
If updating the software does not resolve the issue, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.