IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you're unable to access the YouTube® app on your Android™ TV device because the login screen keeps appearing, update the YouTube app to resolve the issue.
Update the YouTube app through the Google Play™ store app
- On the supplied TV remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Apps. Note: Depending on your TV menu, you may be able to easily locate the Google Play store without this step.
- Select the Google Play store app.
- Locate the YouTube app.
- On the YouTube app, it will indicate if an update is available, select it to proceed with the update.
- ExpTitle_S After installing the update, power reset or restart your TV. ExpTitle_E
Power ResetNote: Skip this step if your TV power cord is inaccessible.
- Unplug the TV power cord from the wall outlet, wait two minutes, then plug the power cord back in.
Select the method depending on your TV.
Note: When restarting with the remote or menu, the TV will automatically power off and back on after a short time.
- Restart the TV with the supplied remote control:
- Press and hold the POWER button until Power off appears on the screen
- Press and hold the POWER button until a menu appears → select Restart
- Restart the using the menu. On the remote:
- Press (Quick Settings) → Settings → System → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → About → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → Device Preferences → About → Restart → Restart
- After the power reset is complete, access the YouTube app to confirm the issue is resolved.