IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the GPS indicator is displayed as or (last positioning information) on the screen of the camcorder, the position information cannot be acquired.
- Position information may not be acquired depending on the surrounding environment, including indoors, near high buildings, steel tower or power lines, etc.
- When using the GPS function while recording videos, avoid places that may block or reflect radio waves, such as buildings and groves. As much as possible, use the function outdoors.
- During satellite search, do not put hold the camcorder on the part where the GPS receiver is located.
- A: GPS antenna
When GPS signal cannot be received, try the following:
- In the MENU select Setup.
- Touch Your Location In General Settings .
- If GPS positioning is not performed correctly, the message “Could not Position. Position?” will be displayed. Touch OK.
- Since the other functions are suspended to search for a satellite signal, the GPS position information may be received faster.
- After the GPS position information is completed, the information screen below is displayed.
- A: Satellite icon
- B: Positioning gauge
- C: Received information
GPS positioning may take some time or may not be able to acquire the position depending on conditions such as the location and time of use, even when the information from multiple satellites is received.
The time can be shorten to get the GPS position information by importing the GPS assist data into the camera using the PlayMemories™ Home software. Detailed steps on how to update the GPS assist data by using the PlayMemories Home software is available online.