IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The steps to remove a faint marking from the Digital Paper System screen will vary depending if it's a physical mark on the surface of the display, or if it's an electronic ghosting inherent with E-Ink technology.
Marking on the Surface of the Screen
Use a soft damp cloth to remove the smudge from the screen.
- Some tips may wear quickly than others, leaving a residue.
- Make sure that there's no dust or dirt on the soft cloth, because it may damage your device.
- We don't recommend using any type of abrasive pad, scouring powder, or solvent (alcohol or benzene).
If this step doesn't work, it may be an E-Ink ghosting.
Follow these steps to peform initialization:
- Save your documents to the computer.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Launch the Digital Paper App on the computer.
- Select a file or folder on your device through the Digital Paper App.
- You can select and transfer multiple files or folders at the same time.
- Click the transfer icon.
- Select a folder on your computer (transfer destination).
- Initalize your device.
This will initialize the system storage, and return all settings to their factory defaults. After it's complete, your device will automatically turn off.
- Press the home button.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap System Settings.
- Tap Initialize Digital Paper.
If the issue still occurs after initialization, repair may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.