Software build number
- Xperia® 5: 55.1.A.12.28
This system software update features
- Introducing Android™ 10
- Android security patch level: December 1st, 2020
Before you start
- When a software update is available, the refresh / update icon appears in the status bar.
- To check your device's current software version, find and tap Settings → About phone → Build number.
Updating your device
Follow the steps below to download and install a system update from the Notifications panel.
- If you are using a device with multiple users, make sure you are logged in as the owner.
- Drag the status bar downward to open the Notification panel.
- Scroll down and select the desired system update, tap the item and then tap UPDATE.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again if it is closed, then tap RESTART.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we can't give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.